AAH IN THE FUTURE
From July 2021, AAH will be ceasing its weekly classes for the foreseeable future.
AAH will continue to offer private individual and group tuition, as well as present periodical workshops and masterclasses. Stay in touch to receive updates!
Naomi Crellin, Musical Director and alto of Australia’s ARIA award-winning vocal group The Idea of North, is the director of the Australian Academy of Harmony. She and her team of expert tutors have delighted in sharing their wealth and breadth of knowledge in all aspects of harmony singing.
HOW AAH BEGAN:
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Learn the art of small group performance - from theory and aural training through to part-holding, balance, blend, and small group stagecraft.
Throughout the term you will be matched up into your own vocal groups (Pentatonix, eat your heart out) and experience the satisfaction of singing with like-minded individuals in a fun, supportive and educational environment.
AAH runs classes are for adults only. Two ability levels (intermediate and advanced) are catered for.
RED suitable for:
• Soloists who are looking to gain harmony singing skills to be able to sing confidently with others
• Choristers wanting to increase their ability to hold a part alone
• Instrumentalists looking for an extension to their musical experience
BLUE suitable for:
• Singers with a higher level harmony singing experience
• Choristers who are finding their choir a little on the easy side and are ready for a challenge
• Small groups looking for an environment within which to improve and polish their skills
Harmony assessments are held at the beginning of each term for all incoming AAH members. Placement into Red or Blue streams is then decided.
Harmony assessments involve 2-3 short harmony exercises taught by ear on the day, a vocal range assessment, and a solo excerpt of your choice, sung a cappella. Assessments take place in small groups of 3-5 singers.
To reserve your place in AAH's Term 2 2021 intake, head to the COURSES page, and we’ll see you (and hear you) next term!
AAH South (Sydney) is situated at the Australia Street Infants' School Hall
196 Australia Street ,Newtown
For more information, contact the Operations Manager Kath Burrows
or Academy Director Naomi Crellin:
NAOMI Crellin (alto, musical director The Idea of North) graduated with a Bachelor of Music in Jazz Voice from the Elder Conservatorium – University of Adelaide after beginning on classical piano.
Get in touch HERE
AAH is COVID-Safe
And to stay this way, all registered members are required to follow the strict COVID-19 Safety plan set out by The Australian Academy of Harmony, for the safety and wellbeing of all it's members.
- Use hand sanitiser provided
- Maintain appropriate 1.5mtr social distance from other members
- Do NOT attend class if you feel unwell
- Do NOT attend if you have come in contact with a suspected COVID-19 case
- Follow all current NSW Health COVID-19 regulations
- Check in with our COVID-Safe QR code