TERM 2 Enrolments
- Hone your harmony skills
- Special guests tutoring
- Skills classes over two levels
- Special projects
- Exciting new concert repertoire
(Our classes are running via video streaming for now)
OPEN DAYS are POSTPONED
Stay tuned via our Facebook page for new dates
AAH Term 2 Enrolments
The Australian Academy of Harmony invites harmonisers in SYDNEY and in MELBOURNE to join us for term 2, 2020.
Find your tribe and help change the world one chord at a time!
Join Naomi Crellin, Musical Director and alto of Australia’s ARIA award-winning vocal group The Idea of North, and a team of expert tutors as they share their wealth and breadth of knowledge in all aspects of harmony singing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Learn the art of small group performance - from theory and aural training through to part-holding, balance, blend, and small group stagecraft.
Throughout the year you will be matched up into your own vocal groups (Pentatonix, eat your heart out) and experience the satisfaction of singing with like-minded individuals in a fun, supportive and educational environment.
At this stage, classes are for adults only. Two ability levels (intermediate and advanced) are catered for.
RED suitable for:
• Soloists who are looking to gain harmony singing skills to be able to sing confidently with others
• Choristers wanting to increase their ability to hold a part alone
• Instrumentalists looking for an extension to their musical experience
BLUE suitable for:
• Singers with a higher level harmony singing experience
• Choristers who are finding their choir a little on the easy side and are ready for a challenge
• Small groups looking for an environment within which to improve and polish their skills
Harmony assessments are held during week one's class at the beginning of each term for all incoming AAH members. Placements are then decided for that term into Red or Blue streams.
Harmony assessments involve 2-3 short harmony exercises taught by ear on the day, a vocal range assessment, and a solo excerpt of your choice, sung a cappella. Assessments will take place in small groups of 3-5 singers.
To reserve your place in AAH's Term 2 intake, head to the COURSES page, and we’ll see you (and hear you) in April!
The Australian Academy of Harmony has three premises.
AAH South (Sydney) is situated at the Australia Street Infants' School Hall
196 Australia Street ,Newtown
AAH North (Sydney) is situated at Willoughby Uniting Church Chapel
10-12 Clanwilliam Street, North Willoughby
AAH Melbourne is situated at Princes Hill Community Centre
5 Bagung Lane, Princes Hill
For more information, contact the Operations Manager Kath Burrows
or Academy Director Naomi Crellin: